Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my 30 gal tank is at 0 ammonia 0 nitrites and 20 nitrates with 80 deg. and 6.6 ph
is it possible for me to transfer the water from my 30 gal(twice 25% water drain)into a 5 gal bucket about 8 buckets and transfer all to a 40 gal tank?
The reason of me asking this is because i am moving within three weeks and i don't want to put my manuelli in a 10 gallon tank.
I have two filters in my 30 gallon tank that are running and they are hob penguin 330 and eheim 2026 cannister which was recently purchase two weeks ago.
I was planning to deliver the 40 gal set up and the penguin 330 with media and peat fiber the day before we move. Adding all twelve 1" convicts i had in the 40 gal plus the water coming from the 30 gal. Is this possible?

· Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the water paramaters wouldn't fluctuate? if i do this as long as i added same filter, substrate, plants and water from the old tank rather than buying bio spira will be fine? i was thinking of adding ammo lock just in case

· Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rchan11 said:
Water parameters wouldn't fluctuate because the only thing you're changing is the tank itself. All the bacteria are in place as before. Check water parameters after setting up tank and if need be, add ammonia lock.
[snapback]829673[/snapback]​
All right thanks rchan11
just wanted to make sure the safety of transferring my well being manuelli

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.