Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i lost a p i have been thinking of getting another for my 125g tank. the other two r around 6-7'' and i dont have the money to buy that size p. anytime that i have added p's to that tank it has always been the same size. if i were to add a couple of 4-5'' caribes is this risky?

·
"Bruce Lee" the Legend
5,194 Posts
shoe997bed263 said:
since i lost a p i have been thinking of getting another for my 125g tank. the other two r around 6-7'' and i dont have the money to buy that size p. anytime that i have added p's to that tank it has always been the same size. if i were to add a couple of 4-5'' caribes is this risky?
[snapback]861146[/snapback]​
I don't think you will have that big of a problem. I would say go for it. Remove all the decor in the tank and take all of them out and place them in a Rubbermaid container or something. Then acclimate them again and release them all at the same time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thats a big tank for just 2 ps... you could easly add 3 4-5inch ps... change the decore around when you do it... or take the 2 guys out like the other guy said. and add them all at the same time...

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,413 Posts
ya do it
no problems

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I'd definately rearrange the decors. As most would know, Caribas are the most territorial of Pygos. They've established their territorial place in the tank and a new addition, especially a smaller one, would need to be carefully looked after.

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
You should be just fine adding a couple more to your tank. You have plenty of room, but as the others mentioned I would rearrange the tank prior to the interduction. I would also suggest feeding the current Ps well prior and do a water change after you add them.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx all. i have decided to just have caribe's not adding any other pygo's to the tank bc i believe that it would be unnatural to have other species of pygo's living togeather.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts