Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
10 times is the general rule that people will tell you but I think that's unnecessary and excessive. I aim for at least 5 times and go over that depending on bioload. My heavily stocked cichlid tank is a 40 gallon with an AC200 on it and the water quality is excellent, 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite so I'm pretty positive the filtration is adequate.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
shoe997bed263 said:
the reason i ask is bc i have a ehiem 2213 and i am debating on if i should i put it on one of the 55 or should i just put it on my 180.
[snapback]853324[/snapback]​
I used an Eheim 2213 on my 80g Redbelly tank for almost two years, and the water was always perfect. Afterwards I ran it on my 50g Manny tank, and it did a superb job on that tank too.

2213's are rated for tanks up to 250liters/~65g - a 55g with a medium bioload would be a good tank for such a filter.

Flow rate isn't that important indeed - a 250gph Eheim is rated for much larger tanks than a 250gph Fluval or other brand: for what size tank a canister is suitable depends on its biofiltration efficiency, not on the amount of tank water it manages to squeeze through on an hourly basis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.