Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appoligize for all of the questions lately. I am unsure, and would like input from peope with experience. I am running the electrical wiring for my soon to be 180 gal tank, and I need to know what everyones thoughts are on the amperage.

My tank is going in my office and the computer and printer/ etc are on the same circuit as the soon to be fish tank. Should I run a seperate 20A circuit for the fishtank? I dont think it is 100% nessary, and really dont want to do the work, but at the same time I dont want my tank to cut off in the middle of the night/ while I am not at home (note: I am fairly electrical inclined, and wired my entire house so i feel very safe doing this)

Who out there uses an APC? I have thought about picking one up, and espically after reading the thread about the guys breaker blowing.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Oh well 20A or even 16A should be OK.
But it really depends on how much heating power you need.
If your tank is your home, the heating does not take more than the high lighting.
The latter of course depends on do you grow aquatic plants in there.

Harry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.