Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know that I'm building a u shaped wrap around tank into the walls of my home. My original intent was to have all reds in it and allow them to swim from one side of the room to the other.

Now I'm thinking of having all reds on the two sides and having a Rhom in the center at the end. This is an all open design so I would have to put in dividers to isolate the Rhom but I think it would look pretty cool! What do you think? :rockin: :rockin:

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Go with the rhom. It will give the tank more of a variety and allow you to observe many different species in the same tank. It would also make it more of a conversation piece.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I wouldn't, it defeates the purpose of having a wrap around tank. Also, I think your rhom would be a raving lunatic with reds on both sides of him. If you want to add a rhom, I would section off one of the ends.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
ahhh....i thought you were sectioning off an end. Definatly section an end and put a rhom in there because it will be more of a hobbyists tank then.

·
Registered
698 Posts
"Also, I think your rhom would be a raving lunatic with reds on both sides of him."

grosse gurke is right about that. You know I got the altuvei and rhomb divided by plexiglas. All they do 24/7 is try to get at each other. Goes on even at night. I notice yesterday that the altuvei is getting that chin bump from rubbing itself constantly to get to the rhomb.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
My rhom never had a chimple until I moved my pygo tank into the same room and now all he does is try to get to them. His chin is getting hashed from the constant rubbing. I think my pygos kind of f*ck with him by darting as close to him as they can get and then slowly moving away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts