3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally found a Queen Arabesque pleco
but he is either hiding or zipping around
so this is the best pic of him so far.

·
I HAVE THE SOUVLAKI POWER!!!!!
3,689 Posts
Very beautifull pleco but NOT a L260 a.k.a. Queen Arabesque.Your pleco is a L066 Hypancistrus sp. from Rio Xingu and Rio Tocantis and it can reach the 14cm!
It's an impressive and attractive fish!

·
Registered
573 Posts
red eyes... how much did you pay for him and where from? im in the market for a pleco for my pygo tank while the p's are still small because when i bought my clown plecos, i never realized they wouldnt grow! any other advice from some other people would be appreciated as well.. thanks!

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Sweet new pleco, Gord

I have to agree with Jim: I don't think that's a QA - it's either a L066 or L333... Do you know where it was collected (if wild-caught)?
Care is the same though - make sure he gets his meaty foods, as Hypancistrus are primarily carnivorous. Also, pleco's from this genus will be most active and least shy when kept in a little group.

btw: if this is the "poor man's zebra pleco", then I don't mind being a poor man at all

·
Serras n Snakes
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys
I was wondering what he actually was but the manager at the lfs said that it came from their Florida farm as a L260 ... regardless I still like the little guy
My own "poor mans Zebra"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.