Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some cheep meds that i can use for them (30 goldfish in 10gal tank)

Cheep but good. mostly cheep

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Personally, I would use anything with copper in it. Similar to an ich treatment. Other than that, time (2-3 weeks).

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
Personally I woudn't use feeder for feeding your fish....just not good for them.

you should feed them fish fillet, talapia, raw shrimp, prawn, scallop, frozen food, etc...mix them up every week for daily meal...you will amaz how healthy your fish get.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Personally I woudn't use feeder for feeding your fish....just not good for them.

you should feed them fish fillet, talapia, raw shrimp, prawn, scallop, frozen food, etc...mix them up every week for daily meal...you will amaz how healthy your fish get.
hes right...my fish were raised on feeders (even tho i knew how bad they were for them)....now im feeding them shrimp...feeders arnt generally good for piranha's quarenteen'd or not..theres just not the right nutrients in it...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i only feed them once a week with feeders, use 2
other than that i do shrimp and fish

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
no i only feed them once a week with feeders, use 2
other than that i do shrimp and fish
shrimp fish fillets and white meat are great for those guys....ill probably grab a fat feeder, and quarenteen him for a month then toss him in...it should be a definate treat

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
lol only my exos get feeders (guppies and neons) every now and then

Neons that MAssive aggression is gonna be sending to me in a few days...5 bux for fckn 12!....afdkfjdsffd

im about to order every single last one they have!

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
I agree that feeders should not be fed to your piranhas very often, but the question was "What meds to use,"
so in answer to that, I wouldn't use any meds at all... I'd just quarantine them for a month or so.

Any meds that you put in the feeder's water will end up being absorbed by them, and then end up in your piranhas' stomach.

Just say "No" to chemicals.

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
You should have 2 tanks going for quarantining feeders if you want to do it right. 1 tank with formalin/malachite green concoction and the other tank for feeders who've been in that concoction for 2 weeks. Just a reminder that internal parasites are still a possibility.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
You should have 2 tanks going for quarantining feeders if you want to do it right. 1 tank with formalin/malachite green concoction and the other tank for feeders who've been in that concoction for 2 weeks. Just a reminder that internal parasites are still a possibility.

I personally would also toss some PraziPro in the mix to knock out said parisites.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts

Neons that MAssive aggression is gonna be sending to me in a few days...5 bux for fckn 12!....afdkfjdsffd

for the afdkfjdsffd...you hit your head on the keyboard to type that out??

is 5$ for 12 a good deal where you come from or..?

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts

for the afdkfjdsffd...you hit your head on the keyboard to type that out??:rasp:

is 5$ for 12 a good deal where you come from or..?
[/quote]

Yes Neons from a quality source are 2-3 bucks each. You can sometimes get them for 5 for 5 from petco but eveerytime I do that 4 of 5 die. so they wind up being 5 bucks each.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts