Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a million questions have been posted about this - but I recently bought a python vac and in the apt all my sinks have little screens on them and no threading to attach the to - I read theres an adapter for this but is it a waste of money, I can't see any possible way to attach the python to the sink with now threads - any ideas would be appreciated - thanks

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
so theres no way you can unscrew those things holding the screen's in?? thats what i had to do....python's work wonders if you ask me...go try the adapter...if it doesnt work then take it back...python's are very great tools to have in the fish keeping world

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
in my 32 years of life i have never seen a faucet without a threading
there either male or female and python sells a bunch of diffrent adaptors
usually the screen types are screwed in
it prolly hangs off the main body of the faucet and will come off with a vice grip pipe wrench or channel locks

and if for some reason you do have a fuacet that cant be worked with
home depot sells them cheap
just change it
the python is so worth it youll never regret it

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
The only faucets I have ever seen that you couldn't unscrew the part that holds the screen in was on the old style cast iron sinks and claw foot tubs.

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
Unless you have an oddlots faucet....or one made in 1876....your faucet will have an attachment that threads off to thread the parts that came with your python. There are several diff fitting that come with it that fit 99% of sinks.....but yours may be a little odd. I would say that if the one in the pic is your faucet....it unscrews. Use a pipe wrench.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Unscrew that part with the screen..

Its where I found many a screen for my bongs.. but thats a completely different topic.. lol

go buy an attachment at Home Depot or wherever they are like 1-2$ and blamo you have it fixed..

Thats what I had to do

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the tips, not a plumber by trade I didn't wanna bust something up, and it looked unscrewable but I'll give it a shot.. best site out there thanks again

·
Registered
775 Posts
yeah i need to get one too it sucks carrying water from the bathroom to the living room to water change a 75 gallon all the time. Plus my other 2 tanks would be easier if I had one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts