Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pygocentrus

Votes: 2 100.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i will go with pygos.. they are the ones that came in mind when i was realy young .. when the word piranha came in a conversation.. plus they are shoaling i dont realy like have a solitary fish..

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
hmm... this subject has been up before... and its kinda poitntless because evry1 has their own opinion so i think this discussion is pointless, search for this subject ill bet you find alot on this...

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Tough question for me to answer.
I like my mixed pygo shoal but my favorite shoal is my S. geryi. With that in mind I have to go with Serrasasalmus...a huge rhom or manuelli (if you can find one) make the best display fish, and you have such a larger variety to choose from.
With Pygoscenturs you only have 3 different kinds with some variants, but with Serrasalmus you have 30+ to choose from and new ones being found all the time.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeh, it's hard to decide. I have 3 RBP (Pygo) and I love them, but sometimes I wish I had a Spilo or a Rhom, especially cause I hear they're more active than Reds and the Rhoms get huge which is bad ass. I think the best thing to do if you can afford it, is to have a two tanks...one with pygos the other with serras.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
pygos all the way...its agroup thing..i like carnage ..i like how they rush food and fight over it tearing it apart

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Both if you can...the beauty of a single Serra P and the awesome feeding frenzi of a big great looking shoal...
!

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
i leanr towards serrsalmus but you cant deny a large shoal of pygos. You gotta love their head shape! If i had a very large tank (200+) i would do a large shoal of Terns and maybe 1 or 2 caribe otherwise Serrasalmus takes my vote. Serrasalmus kicks ass!

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Pygo's for me, because I prefer the look of a shoal of fish.
The "shoalable" serra's (geryi, and some others to a lesser extent) are less colorful than pygo's imo, and a tank with only one fish, no matter how big and menacing it is, is not as cool as a tank with a shoal of fish...
And besides that, I prefer the look of pygo's, with their bulldog face...

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
pygo's.............................................

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I don't have any favorite. I like them both. I like Pygos for beign able to live with others in a shoal. I also like Pgo's because there is so much color in a tank with a large shoal of them. I like Serras for beign known to be so mean the majority of them can't live in a shoal. I also like Serras because then all the attention is on one single fish in the tank.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.