Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Conditions: See 55g tank in my signature, 3 natts.

Decor: Light, a few artifical plants, sand bottom.

I originally started out with 2 jewel cichlids, 2 convict cichlids, and 2 firemouth cichlids about 2 months ago. After about 1 week in the 55g, the largest firemouth was gone. The following week, one pink convict and the other firemouth were completely MIA. This leaves us with 2 jewels and 1 convict. I replenished my tank with a large pink convict and another 2 jewel cichlids. Within one day the 2 jewels were smoked and just tonight I found the large pink convict without a head stuck to the filter intake.

Final tally: 2 Jewels and 1 small convict.

Any bets on how long they stick around?

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope not, I love these jewels. I originally got them as dither to keep one of my rbp occupied because I only had 2 of them. I have become very attached to them!

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Xenon said:
I hope not, I love these jewels. I originally got them as dither to keep one of my rbp occupied because I only had 2 of them. I have become very attached to them!
Well, I'd get them a seperate tank then...
I learned not to get attached to my piranha tank mates too much: there's a big chance they'll die sooner or later (like my Gold Nugget Pleco... :sad:
...most beautiful, and expensive feeder ever)

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
mike u know as well as we do piranha+ other fish = piranha food eventually

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
i got 3 tinfoil barbs, 2 bala sharks, and i dont think my reds will eat them anytime soon

if you got lots of plants and driftwood, they hide behind there

·
Registered
834 Posts
Good luck xenon unlike others ive never had luck with keeping convicts with p's, they always dissappear about a week or two later.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Tinfoil Barbs can last quite a long time in a p tank. I keep Red Devils in both of my p tanks, the RDs have fin nips, but nothing too serious.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
When my small cariba get a little bigger i am going to throw some salvini's in the tank. Those are some mean cichlids.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts