Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Your Kung Fu is No Good Here...
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and my girlfriend went out and got a PSP for our trip to Europe this summer. We figured itd be nice for the lengthy travel times we'll be going through. One of the big things we want to do with it is save movies to it to watch on the plane. I ordered a 4gb Memory Stick for it which should be here in a few days, but in the mean time I am trying to work out getting videos into a format I can play on there.

I have some software that came with my dvd burner that converts files to MPEG4 format, which is the format I understand that I need, but its only a trial version that runs out after 30 days, so does anyone know of any freeware programs out there that I can use to convert to MPEG4? Also, I tried converting a file with the program I have, and a 30 minute video came out to be 700mb! I figured thats what a 2hr movie would be. That said, does anyone know any compression softwares I can get to make that a bit smaller so as to fit more on the memory stick?

Thanks guys,

Mike.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
yeah. first thing you need to do is convert it to the right resoloution. DVDs are way higher res then psp's can display. So shaving resoloution is the first step. Then compression.
the program mentioned is made to handle all that process for you.

·
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok cool. I actually already downloaded the program but I was having issues getting it to work right. I guess I just need to mess with it a bit more. Thanks guys you rock.

·
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. The Memory Stick came today, and I had Talladega Nights already converted with PSP Video 9 and got the video right on there with no problems. 700mb later, the quality is still great! Works exactly like I hoped, now I just need to get some more movies.

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
i know there are quite a few carriers now offereing audio and video on demand in all classes on planes now. Air canada i know is in the process of having every seatback with your own personal tv that you can choose whats on. something like 200 movies, 50 tv shows and like 50 cds to choose from, its pretty slick. Depends on who you are flying with though.

Although train travel in Europe can be quite boring sometimes.

·
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool thanks for the info man. In that case thats even better, but its a long trip so either way it'll be nice to have the extra entertainment available at any time. I'll be spending alot of time on plans in the near future so its a great little tool to have. The games on the system are awesome too, its like playing Madden on PS2, so it'll be easy to kill the hours on the plane.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.