Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question.... my rbp's r hanging @ the top of their tank with their mouths open, i'm thinking they're not hungry. Got their temp @ 79.
Any1 know y they're suddenly doing this???

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,507 Posts
they want you drop in a mouse!

no seriously man that is really weird, sorry i can't help you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seriously don't think it's the temp in there.... they just look SO daft with their mouths open wide... You're right, they look like they want a mouse or something bigger!!!! They're only babies, getting worried!

·
Captain P
2,753 Posts
What are your water lvls? (nitrite, nitrate, ph, amonia)

·
Captain P
2,753 Posts
I am no expert but it sounds like they need air. Has the tank been cycled? What size tank is it? What size P's? Water readings?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get a funny feeling it was all my fault...... changing over 2 sand in the tank 2day.... i think they just wanted some air!
They're all ok now.... just had some food!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The p's r about 6 months old now.... tank is pretty cycled i'd say....
Going 2 take advice though and put a couple of air stones in there.
Would any certain plant b ok in there???

·
Registered
138 Posts
here is a trick that i use when transporting fish or anytime i really stress them out .... take and add 3 drops of hydrogen peroxide per gallon of water to theri tank ... it will break down into water and oxygen and help add more oxy to the water that way .,... it works normally with in just a couple mins and will stop the whole shoal from panting jsut that quick....i also use it when im transporting any fish even tho i do most of the transporting in a live bait bucket (styrophoam lined with an air pump and stone) its liek 3 gallon size and i put in about a cap full ...fish that i ahve transported this way have been far less stressed than any other way that i ahve tried ... im sure that its because they ahve the added oxy from the Hydrogen peroxide ... Mickey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts