Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
8,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a large sump, I'm using a mage drive 9.5 to drive 2 3/4" returns with great success.

I have a C.S.L. 18W dual helix steralizer that O was hanging off the back of the tank and driving with an Aqua Clear 70 400 G.P.H. oowerhead. Tonight I moved the powerhead to the sump and laid the steralizer beside the sump, and ran a 1/2" softline back to the tank. The problem is there is hardly any flow at the end of the line about 4+ feet from the bottom of the stand.

What do you think would be a good pump to flow about 175-200 GPH through the system... taking gravity into consideration.

I don't mind buying a new pump to complete my system, I just want to get the right one for my needs.

Thanks for any help you's can offer

·
"Bruce Lee" the Legend
5,194 Posts
I think a Rio 1700 would be perfect. At four feet it would be pushing around 325gph and the longer it take for the water to be pushed through the uv light, the more efficient it becomes.

·
8,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked up a mag driv2 350 today. According to the chart it will put out 190-200 GPH at the top of the tank.

I need more 1/2" fittings to hook it up... so I made a pvc return for it tonight and am letting it cure. Tommorow I'll head to the Depot and git er dun!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts