Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into Best Buy today and noticed they had a big stack of ps3's, is Sony finally getting caught up and shipping out more. Has anyone seen any around besides online.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I went into Best Buy today and noticed they had a big stack of ps3's, is Sony finally getting caught up and shipping out more. Has anyone seen any around besides online.
ya I did in local walmart.

·
These colours don't run !
4,895 Posts
when are they likely to be coming to the UK?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
i have seen them in the uk for £900! haha what a rip no games console could be woth shelling out that much. id rather spend £260 for a 360.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
i mean a local independant games shop which has been around for years. they only imported a few before xmas from japan. didnt know that it was illeagal.

·
These colours don't run !
4,895 Posts
when the ps2 came out they were changing hands for up to £1500

·
Oh, SNAP!
3,806 Posts
Yup, retailers can't get rid of them because the demand isn't very high, I think it's because of the high price coupled with a lack of any interesting games (out now or coming out in the next 6 months).

EBgames/gamestop has a deal where you trade in your PS2 and get a 100$ discount, which isn't a bad deal if you have an old PS2 that's slowly dying like mine. The guys that work at those stores have orders to get rid off all those PS3 ASAP, things aren't looking too good for Sony right now.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
how much are the ps3's selling for at best buy?
Normal price
$499 for 20 gb version
$599 for 60 gb verison

My big brother picked one up the day after christmas and i might have to check it out. I've played the wii and had more fun picking my nose. Played the 360 and enjoyed it, but not sold on it 100%. Figured I'd try out the ps3 to see how it is. He says resistance is a real good game, just gotta get into it after the first level.

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,413 Posts
Yup, retailers can't get rid of them because the demand isn't very high, I think it's because of the high price coupled with a lack of any interesting games (out now or coming out in the next 6 months).

EBgames/gamestop has a deal where you trade in your PS2 and get a 100$ discount, which isn't a bad deal if you have an old PS2 that's slowly dying like mine. The guys that work at those stores have orders to get rid off all those PS3 ASAP, things aren't looking too good for Sony right now.
How so?
I thought they were donig great!

I have a PS3 and I definitley beleive it's the best system right now

·
Registered
5,294 Posts

How so?

[/quote]

What do you mean how so? First of all, they didnt ship nearly as many units as they were supposed to. On the second shipment they have systems sitting on shelves. This thing is supposed to be so hot that you cant get your hands on one until at least spring unless you wait in line. If its sitting on shelves across the country, Sony is definitely not doing great. I will buy a PS3 eventually, but it will be about a year down the road. The bugs should be worked out by then.

·
Registered
584 Posts

that sounds like a good idea but $399 is still alot for me... i'd rather get a wii, at least that would get my ass off the couch.

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,413 Posts

How so?

[/quote]

What do you mean how so? First of all, they didnt ship nearly as many units as they were supposed to. On the second shipment they have systems sitting on shelves. This thing is supposed to be so hot that you cant get your hands on one until at least spring unless you wait in line. If its sitting on shelves across the country, Sony is definitely not doing great. I will buy a PS3 eventually, but it will be about a year down the road. The bugs should be worked out by then.
[/quote]

So do you have inside info about it? Because I didn't know it had any bugs..Mines been flawless. Maybe they aren't common.

I heard that Sony didn't ship many consoles on the initial launch because they wanted to make it hard to get, which it was. I just thought it was all selling strategy, they are a massive company.
The same thing happen with Xbox 360 last year. At first they were all sold out and then about a month or 2 later I saw them on the shelves.

·
Oh, SNAP!
3,806 Posts
The PS3 apparently doesn't have many bugs, which is pretty surprising for a first gen sony console, but I wouldn't have bought one at launch (if I had actually wanted one) because of Sony's and the Playstation line's launch quality record.

·
Banned
45 Posts
my neighbor got the ps3 the day it came out, the first week we were both really siked and skipped school mornings just to play it but now it is BOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts