Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we had a thread about this before, but I tried looking through the search engine and cant find it.

I remember that from the last thread, pertaining to fish yawning, that It was nothing and just a daily thing that they do. Plus someone mentioned the fact that it also involes in water perimeters being unbalanced or unstable. I never took it no mind, but now I've seen my fish do this alot more frequently and becoming concerned. What does it exactly mean and/or is there anyting to worry about??

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I don't think you have to worry about it: my reds do it from time to time, and I have even seen other fish (small tetra's, among others) do it.

If my memory serves me right, they do it to clear their gills: rushing water over them to remove dirt, parasites(?) etc.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Judazzz Posted on Apr 2 2003, 09:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think you have to worry about it: my reds do it from time to time, and I have even seen other fish (small tetra's, among others) do it.

If my memory serves me right, they do it to clear their gills: rushing water over them to remove dirt, parasites(?) etc.
you remembered well.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK.. just making sure. Getting old and memorys going short. Ahlzeimers kick'in, ya know what I mean..

Anyone else care to disagree and have different opinion (info on the post, not my health)...

·
Beautiful One
12,070 Posts
I nevere noticed fish yawning before.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Goldfish do it when they don't get enough oxygen.. I knowticed my silver molly doing just before I read this post, actually
(coincidence?
)
But hey! People yawn, cats yawn,
why can't fish?

·
Captain Britannia
4,819 Posts
all the ps i have owned have done this and i remembered that last discussion also because it was something i always wondered myself
dixon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts