Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put beef heart, and i tried some blood worms, ive been putting them in the tank for the last week, for about 5 or 6 hours at a time. They dont even aknowledge it even being in the tank. Need some help...

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
did you just get them, if so give them some time and they'll comearound. if not dont feed them for a few days, and then they shoud eat what ever you toss in there.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
wrong forum a mod will move it soon
check out the feeding and nutrition forum u will get more help in there
but u have to put some food in for 15 mins and take it out
they can go for a long time w/o eating like a month
eventually they will realize that is the only food they will get and they will eat it
and not feeding for a few days b4 u do this will also help
hope this helps later

·
DOC#003162
14,969 Posts
and dont leave any thing in the tank that long, id say no more the 10 min cause you

dont wanna run a risk of fowling up your water

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Read the link Redbellyman posted (written by the very knowledgeable Knifeman). It is perhaps the best way to get stubborn p's to eat your selection of foods.

I read it when I first got into the hobby, and I only took a few parts from it, but it still worked. I completely stopped giving them tetras (all they would eat at the time), and would only put shrimp in their tank. I would do it twice a day and take it out after 10-15 minutes. After a couple days, they caught on to the fact that that was their only feeding window and they started eating the shrimp!

·
Registered
457 Posts
my fish like krill a lot more than feeders... it's weird. they put on a better show when i just put in one big chunk of it too! that makes me happy, heh.

·
Registered
162 Posts
you must fast your p until he is hungary enough to eat what ever you put in your tank? this is also normal for p's to not eat for a while it actually helps them clean out their digestive system ie any latent parasites. your fish wont die sometimes P's wont eat for 2 or more months. they can survive on their fat stores. not that it's healthy to not feed your p for to months but just fyi

·
Slim Diggler
1,946 Posts
My P's eat everything I put in my tank except my hand. I have fed them Flakes, bloodworms, Beefheart, pinkies and a rat, and just today switched to shrimp. Ive also feed them cooked hamburger in the past. I have been feeding them beefheart for the past 4 months and I noticed today when I fed them shrimp that shrimp is way cleaner. I dont know if it is healthier though? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
my guy loves prawns. i have a bag of frozen ones. i defrost. cut into sections. and give him a bit every day or so. he loves it. even to the point of playing with it.

he'll race out of the corner, grab the chunk, pick it up off the gravel so that the piece is above him, thrashes it back and forth, takes the bite and drops it, then goes and picks it up, then swims around with it in his mouth.

he's still quite shy. hides all day except when his food comes out. then promptly hides again. but im slowly removing hiding spots, so i can see him more, and he doesnt seem to be bothered by it.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
If you dont know already, Ps are picky eatter which they usually get used to certain foods they've consumed for a long while. Best recommendation is to cut down on their feeding routine and slowly introduce the new.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts