Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try keeping a frogmouth catfish (chaca chaca) with my red bellied piranhas. I know nothing is 100% with aggressive guys like them, but I figure if a pleco will a frogmouth will too. Chaca Chacas barely move so i think it might work

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I also heard frogmouth cats are able to change the tank water perimeters, because they excrete (sp?) some sort of substance that messes with the pH: I'd look it up at planetcatfish.com before figuring it out the hard way.
But I wouldn't do it anyway, since chaca chaca's are hideous creatures - to me, they look like a turd :eek:oh2:

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I've got a good idea, wht not just put anything with your piranhas?
mind you, I am starting to think you have pacus and not piranhas, how can you think to add a frogmouth cat with your red-tailed cat and your "piranhas" and your barbs and stuff?
piranhas don't live with other fish - well not for long, anyway.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Judazzz said:
I also heard frogmouth cats are able to change the tank water perimeters, because they excrete (sp?) some sort of substance that messes with the pH: I'd look it up at planetcatfish.com before figuring it out the hard way.
But I wouldn't do it anyway, since chaca chaca's are hideous creatures - to me, they look like a turd :eek:oh2:
great post dude,
that is very interesting about the ability to drop the ph in a tank.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
innes, your starting to think wrong. i have 4 red bellied PIRANHAS. I know this because i have kept pacus before and I can tell by the jaw structure. Dont make statements you know nothing about.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
this kind of frogmouth cat will remain motionless for long periods of time, even when prodded. they also try to attract other fish to them using a lure.
These points alone would make me think it would attract a piranha with its lure and get eaten without even trying to get away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If your lookin to add a bottom dweller try a wolf fish thats at least 8 inches. I've had mine with 8- 7" RBP's and so far so good(about a year). The wolf fish will actually snap back if threatned. Plus did you ever see the teeth on a wolf fish. The other good thing is that wolf fish have very rough skin texture making it difficult to bite into.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.