Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Piranha now that they have reached 3 inches are constantly squaring off against eachother. Its not just one or two that are doing it but each one is going to the other and squaring them up and there tail goes up in the air and they butt heads and spin in a circle. I am not alarmed its just that I want to know why they are doing this ? They are displaying the behaviour that Natts Caribe were doing in his Caribe fighting video.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Mine do it all the time. I have 5 reds and 1 Caribe. the caribe punks the reds all day long till they had enough and they gang up on him and taunt him.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
thePACK said:
its normal..trying to show domince in the tank..show whose the boss
Very true.. its natural for Ps to fight amongst each other constantly to show whos the dominator. This might also be another way to try and find areas for territorial space.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thePACK said:
after they find out who is the boss, will they stop fighting ? and does a P have to die inorder for them to decide who is king of the tank ? Does the pleco count ?

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Shred Revolution said:
thePACK said:
after they find out who is the boss, will they stop fighting ? and does a P have to die inorder for them to decide who is king of the tank ? Does the pleco count ?
no piranha will always square off to show who more dominate.just keep them well feed..most of the time the wimpy one will swim off..with fin nips and somebody shots..but once again its normal for them.and plecos don't count.thats just another meal in the waiting.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
XPiranhaX said:
yea it' pretty normal the p's are just forming a pecking order
exactly they are just forming a pecking order and hopefully none of them will get killed it just depends on the level of aggression they show
dixon

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
You just got your new tank, right? So it's most likely re-establishing the (disrupted) pecking order, like some said before. The fighting will most likley not last too long, but it might be advisable to keep a hospital tank standby as long as they are still doing this, just in case...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts