Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I fed my P's some chicken a couple nights ago and this morning when I woke upthey had puked it all back out and it looked like a cloud was sitting in the tank. Took forever to clean!! Whats the deal? Was chicken not a smart choice for dinner..if not they wait 3 days to puke it back up....tough little guys!!!

· Registered
669 Posts
Rgr_mo said:
Ok so I fed my P's some chicken a couple nights ago and this morning when I woke upthey had puked it all back out and it looked like a cloud was sitting in the tank. Took forever to clean!! Whats the deal? Was chicken not a smart choice for dinner..if not they wait 3 days to puke it back up....tough little guys!!!

[snapback]853201[/snapback]​
Chicken is a terrible choice for feeding Piranha's. Chicken contains more Hormones, antibiotics, and disease than anything else you could feed them. Stay away from it in the future. Read the forums and get a better diet setup for them.

I suggest you feed them Non Flaky White Fish fillets. Catfish, Haddock, Tiliapia Etc.
I would also suppliment their feedings with Cow Heart and Fish flakes/Pellets if they will take them.

· Nurses Do It Better
8,819 Posts
Chicken is ok as a treat as long as it does not contain preservatives. That will mess up your tank/and fish. Fresh killed is your best bet. Most likely he puked from being stressed after eating. Don't worry about it. If you are noticing a mess in your tank after every feeding, cut down on the amount of food you are serving them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.