Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this silver cichlid with my pygos and even if they dont eat for a week they are not touvhing the cichlid...So I put him with my rhom even though he just ate he went for the cichlid and took his tail off but now he left him alone and cichlid 's been there for two weeks and his tail is growing back. So i gave him to my elong, nope he doesnt want him either...Do you guys think they hate the taste of this fish ?

·
2012 Is the year the World ENDS!!!&#33
4,533 Posts
The reading I have done suggest that P's by nature dont not intend to eat the whole fish. They are fin nipers. Which allows the meal to grow it back and get nipe again. I guess you need to starve them longer to get them to eat the whole fish.

·
what up NINJA
4,581 Posts
sadboy1981 said:
The reading I have done suggest that P's by nature dont not intend to eat the whole fish. They are fin nipers. Which allows the meal to grow it back and get nipe again. I guess you need to starve them longer to get them to eat the whole fish.
[snapback]945702[/snapback]​
^ this guy reads his stuff

·
4,533 Posts
was that sarcasim

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I added 3 tetras to my tank 3 weeks ago and I fed my red only one time since that and he hasn't touched the tetras yet

·
what up NINJA
4,581 Posts
sadboy1981 said:
was that sarcasim

[snapback]945923[/snapback]​
no, you are totally correct. Most p's won't eat a whole fish unless it's small enough, even then they usually won't eat it's head.

I meant it as a little sidenote to others who read it, a clue if you will, that reading and doing your "piranha-fury homework" (research) then you can answer your own questions 9 times out of 10.

·
4,533 Posts
well thank you very much traumatic

BTW Very true about doing a litltle reading. I love the information center, it is loaded with tons of info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts