Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a waterchange and I added 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt for every 5 gallons. Now they are breathing very fast. Is this normal? This never happend to my caribe. I know pirayas are more water sensitive. Do you think I added to much salt?

·
Registered
843 Posts
how big of a water change ? was there salt in the tank before the water change? what type of setup do you have? need more info!!!!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did 25% waterchange and I never used any salt in this tank. Setup I have a 240g with 12 pirayas 5-6in. I have 52gallon wet/dry with a Mag drive 24.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
they could be just stressed after the change i have seen my pygos do this after some changes .
why did you add salt have you any other problems i would only add it if my p's have problems or if i get planaria in the tank.
your p's could build up a tolerence to salt enough to stop it working for when you need it most with problems.
dixon

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
DiXoN said:
they could be just stressed after the change i have seen my pygos do this after some changes .
why did you add salt have you any other problems i would only add it if my p's have problems or if i get planaria in the tank.
your p's could build up a tolerence to salt enough to stop it working for when you need it most with problems.
dixon
probably just stress....

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
next time do teaspoons for 5 gallons instead of tablespoons that could be just to much of a salt shock for them to handle!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
use salt when there is problems....not all the time

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
They are stressed...give them time they will settle down...
!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts