Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 4 P's in 1 tank, bout 6 inches each, and they are bullying my 1 eyed P, it has to stay at the top corner of the tank and anywhere it goes it gets niped at.... so it just floats there all stressed out..... is there anything i can do to take some attention off of my one eye?

thanks.

· Registered
2,040 Posts
I personally would probably find another home (tank) for your 1-eyed piranha... It is only a matter of time before the weaker one becomes a snack!!

You could also lower the temp in the tank. This will make them less agressive. Also make sure they are well fed..

Good Luck!!

· Danse Macabre!
9,834 Posts
I've got a one eyed piranha myself, but he was the biggest in the tank and since the others have caught up to him he's made up for his loss in size and physical disability by being meaner than the other piranhas and chewing the sh*t out of anyone who encroaches on his turf. That said however, my guy survived because he compensated by being mean as hell. Your guy isn't exactly "rising to the challenge" and it's likely the poor dude is going to get taken out. I'd say he sounds like he needs a new home personally.

· Registered
222 Posts
I'd get exodons or black convicts to distract the other p's. I have a shoal of 21 reds and my cyclops has been good in there for 6 months, but I have 6 exo's and a pair of blk convicts in there too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.