Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i came back after my weekend away on sunday not feeding my p's since friday and i am down to 10 from 15 so i think i will now add another 40 or so .
i would like to keep 30+ and think it will happen as the neons are so small the p's are not that bothered but sometimes do stalk them.
just thought i would let everybody know and i will keep you posted when the rest get added when i go back to pick up the rest of my amazon swords this week.
dixon

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
good luck..sound like eventually you will have to keep update the neon stock..

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the neons cost 45p each (65cents) but they are doing well and will be getting some more added to shaol with.
i do ecpect to lose some more but i think once they learn to stay away from the p's it should be ok and if i can keep around 30 that will be fine and i dont mind adding afew every now and then.
i will still add a few goldfish as feeders to keep the p's happy
dixon

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Beware of neon tetra disease. I dunno for sure if p's can get it. I think they can because they are related. Don h may know about it. But i do know that it is fatal to neons. It is called sporozoan disease.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Raptor said:
Beware of neon tetra disease. I dunno for sure if p's can get it. I think they can because they are related. Don h may know about it. But i do know that it is fatal to neons. It is called sporozoan disease.
thanks raptor i will look into that
dixon

·
Registered
66 Posts
yeh i know what that is it starts as a spreading pale area underneath the dorsal fin and then the fish dies or something, this is why lots of people have cardinal tetra instead, which are more silvery blue than electric blue. But the disease is extremely rare, sounds like your water parameters are fine which gives them the best chance and no i doubt whether your ps can catch it in my book it says it is just a 'neon' disease!

I want neons in my tank, theyre same family as the ps they should look blinding¬!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here in Minneapolis there is an awesome store called world of fish and they sell the neons 3/$1.00. I had heard that sometimes they can be put safely into the tank with p's so I figured what the heck I'll give it a try. Well of the 15 I put in there on Saturday night there is 1 left and it has been hiding up top behind the heater this whole time. I wish it would have worked for me because it would have been nice to have a cool little "mini-shoal" with lots of color in with my p's. Oh well, Good luck with yours! Tipopiola

1 - 12 of 12 Posts