Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Its taking a lot longer than I expected, but they are almost finished. I think I will take a look at them this weekend. I just want to make sure that they are completely dry. Last time I looked at them their heads were solidly dried out, but they were a tiny bit spongey in the thickest part. I'll post a update soon.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Its taking a lot longer than I expected, but they are almost finished. I think I will take a look at them this weekend. I just want to make sure that they are completely dry. Last time I looked at them their heads were solidly dried out, but they were a tiny bit spongey in the thickest part. I'll post a update soon.
Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Okay, I decided to look at them today. Its coming along very nicely! They probably only have days left until they are 100% finished. You can compare pics from before to today and see a huge difference. You can see the ribs and bones under the skin, and their stomachs are the only part of them that is a tiny bit spongey. Here's todays pics...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Thanks for the kind remarks guys. I'm really glad this is working out so well. Its a practical way to preserve these fellows, if you don't mind the freakiness of how they look. I think in one week they will be ready to spray with clear acrylic spray and glue them on a piece of driftwood and hang on the wall.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Scary-looking mofo's!

*600th Post. Is still Obsessed!*

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Time for an update. These guys are done.
They are 100% dry, and have two coats of clear urethane on them and are awaiting being mounted to a piece of driftwood. That may happen soon. It worked flawlessly and I highly recommend it if you have any dead fish you want to keep.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Thanks guys, I was pretty impressed with how well they turned out. I will be posting a few follow up pics after they are mounted. They look pretty evil.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
wow that is amazing they look awsome. cant say i want my p's to die but i cant wait to try this out.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I'm gonna do this when one of my fish goes.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.