Piranhas Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
oh yeah

if you dont want to do one then maybe me and krazyklown and Poseidon could get one made up on fh.

i got it

FHFOTW

Flower Horn Fish Of The Week

clever eh

·
Registered
674 Posts
piranha45 said:
I wouldn't suggest anyone dare put a salvini with their firemouth or angelfish
I agree.
A friend of mine had a 8" salvini in with his 4 1/2" Dempsey.
The Jack killed the Salvini one night for no apparent reason.
Damn

later
Eric

·
Registered
983 Posts
Innes said:
No Pics

Scientific Name: Cichlasoma salvini
Common Name: Salvini cichlid
Family: Cichlidae
Subfamily: Cichlasomatinae
Order: Perciformes
Class: Actinopterygii
Max Size: 10" but usually around 7-8"
Min Tank Size: 35 gallons
pH Range: 7.0 - 8.0;
Temperature: 22 - 32°C
Distribution: Central America: Atlantic slope, from southern Mexico to Guatemala and Belize.
Temperament: aggressive, especially at breeding time
Compatibility: suitable for a cichlid community tank, or with larger fishes, requires plenty of space when breeding

This beautiful cichlids is one of my favorite cichlid because of its amazing colours, I have personally owned them in the past, mine were placed into a tank with various non-aggressive cichlids and catfish and they were no trouble at all, they would eat normal fish foods, and did not show any aggression to each other or any of the tankmates.

However the usual reports of this fish is that they are aggressive to other tank mates especially when breeding, they can even kill other fish twice there size as a result of this aggression, also they are incredibly fast, now I have no trouble believing this fish can be aggressive, and that especially that when breeding it can kill other fish larger than them, but I personally view this cichlid as compatible as firemouth cichlids or angelfish.

*If you have any pics or comments on this species please add them below

heres a handy link
heres another handy link
heres another handy link
heres another handy link
heres another handy link
Here are some pics.

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
well they're doing it now

got a salvini yesterday, reintroed the FH. there's the odd chase. but no injuries.

lots of hiding places.
im gonna add 2 more caves today, and hopefully steal some more of my gfs plants.lol.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts