Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw it yesterday on a different board. The reviews were done by members, it was broken down by product types. It was very interesting. They rated the products from 1-10 in 4 different categories, I think the categories were something like price, ease of use/setup, durability, and effectiveness, but I am not sure. I wish I could remember where I saw it at.
It would probably require a lot of work to set up but once you got it going i dont think it would be that hard to maintain.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
hmmmm, We could do this. It would be a little hard for initial set up though. But eventually we could have something like the store locator but with voting and feedback enabled. Ill keep you posted.

Working with Judazzz on getting the piranha info part of the site up now....stay tuned!

:rockin:

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I think product reviews are a great addition to this site, but there's one problem:
everyone who writes a review, writes down his/her own experiences. For example, I heard a lot of different stories about Fluval filters on pfish, some very positive, some very negative. So it will always be a personal judgement, and therefore not a objective review. But I know that's the nature of a product review...
A good idea nonetheless, and perhaps we can work something out to make it more objective (perhaps collecting reviews before posting them: combining the different reviews on a certain product, to give a review as accurate as possible).

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
The software we have will take an average of all feedback given. You will rate the product from 1-5. If some people like it and others dont, it is most likely a mediocre product anyway.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you should be able to read both sides of the picture. There is always going to be different experiences with a product, some good and some bad. When I read the reviews of a product, I am always more interested in the bad reviews so I can get an idea of what People are not happy with.

·
Registered
698 Posts
grosse gurke, is right, not only that just a while back Pfish ran a story about a mail order house that sued a message board for trashing his plants IN A FORUM !

So we gotta be careful with that.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are a ton of review sights where people log in and post personal reviews about the different products. I am looking for a digital camera and have found numerious sights like that so I cant see that as being a big problem FM2. They also allow you to post your experiense with particular online stores and some are just bashed.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
in todays age of frivolous lawsuits anything is possible, I just finish writting a paper on this sort of thing, it has ruined society, think about it these forms of lawsuits abuse costs all of us through raised prices, ignorant contracts to sign like waivers, sorry just venting, no I am not a victim, I am just disgusted by the whole concept

1 - 13 of 13 Posts