Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I am casually browsing any website that requires me to click a link where another window pops open, nothing ever appears in the new window. Not even an error message or anything. Anybody know what's up with this....

thanks...

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
I suggest downloading the latest Internet Explorer 6.0 Unless your already running that. How long has this been happening?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Id help you but I dont know shizzel..

·
Registered
257 Posts
It doesn't really matter with version of windows you are using, internet explorer is crappy in all of them. It's probably just internet explorer being stupid. Upgrading to the newest version usually doesn't fix it either. I have tried that myself too many times without success. Most of the time some problems like these start happening and then is kinda snowballs from there. But not in all cases. Sorry to say, the best option usually is just to format and re-install. Its a pain I know. But them's the breaks with windows.

·
Registered
972 Posts
It doesn't really matter with version of windows you are using, internet explorer is crappy in all of them.
No, but if you use a different browser it does. :smile:

If you have a problem with IE, you don't have to reformat. Just repair it. It's a lot easier.

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Well since we have people here against IE, then you might want to try Opera. Jonas/Judazzz recommended it awhile back.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Ms_Nattereri said:
Well since we have people here against IE, then you might want to try Opera. Jonas/Judazzz recommended it awhile back.
Opera rulez!

I've used it for 2 years now and haven't even touched IE in that time. Never will.

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
*oops*
Thanx a lot HH11...you took the words right out of me.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Ms_Nattereri said:
*oops*
Thanx a lot HH11...you took the words right out of me.
NP. :smile:

I am ahuge Opera fanatic. I help run a few PC help sites and am used to pimping Opera.

I hate the fact that IE has so many holes in it and runs activeX.

Since I've used Opera, I have never once gotten any spyware either.

I've worked on people PC's before and they wondered why their pc was running so slow. I found over 500 pieces of spyware on their system which was calling out to ad sites they got just from surfing the net and was slowing them down. :smile:

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
HawgHunter11 said:
I am a huge Opera fanatic.
...and the truth comes out...

·
Registered
972 Posts
Ms_Nattereri said:
HawgHunter11 said:
I am a huge Opera fanatic.
...and the truth comes out...
LOL, yep. You caught me. I love Opera. It's sick, actually. I read all about it online at a ton of dif sites to learn it, get the newsletters etc

Who else does that for a browser?

Opera people are fanatics tho. Every person I've met that uses it is as sick as I am, Ms_Nattereri.

You'd love the mouse gestures in Opera tho. It's amazing!

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
HawgHunter11 said:

IE isnt worth doing all that for.

As for mouse gestures...what do you mean?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Ms_Nattereri said:
HawgHunter11 said:

IE isnt worth doing all that for.

As for mouse gestures...what do you mean?
Mouse gestures are one of Opera greatest features.

A couple of them would be..

Righ Click-hold and left click makes the page go "Back". The opposite makes it go forward. (I know it sounds easy to just move the mouse up to hit the back button in the top of the IE browser, but you'd be amazed how nice this is and come to depend on it)

Another might be to right click hold and move the mouse down and it opens a blank page etc. Theres a ton of them.

Also, Opera opens inside of itself. That means you can have hundreds of pages open at once and still not use up many resources because only one instance of Opera is open.

The speed of Opera is amazing also. Nothing faster.

It's also the most customizable. Theres hudreds of different skins available for it and all you have to do is click on it and it asks you if you want it or not. No saving, finding, nothing.

Here's a link to help. :smile:

http://www.opera.com/features/?session=91c...cdbccb12c6909e1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.