Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i regulary find preying mantis in my room and house and i would love to keep one...
what do you feed them? and how often etc.?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
You can Feed them live crickets or any appropriate size insect. Unless it a large mantis use crickets the size of the mantises head or smaller. mist the enclosure a few times a day but dont saturate it to give it water. Feed as much as it will eat once a day.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Never kept any native ones but I would assume around 4-5 inches. When their small you can keep them in those little plastic critter cages you can get in pet stores, a large one I would use a 5-10 gallon tank with a tight fitting screen. for substrate you can use repti-bark.

·
Registered
575 Posts
things dont acutally need to be as big as the head or smaller, considering prey manti(spelling?) dont swallow things whole , but eat like corn on a cob

·
The Man, The Myth, The Legend
1,279 Posts
if you do end up catching one it would be cool to see some pics of it

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i havn't actually looked for one yet because my texas have layed eggs and i have been a little pre-occupied(sp?) i will look for one soon...

·
Registered
177 Posts
HyBrid said:
i havn't actually looked for one yet because my texas have layed eggs and i have been a little pre-occupied(sp?) i will look for one soon...
[snapback]957170[/snapback]​
gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts