Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rbp's are only about 1.5 in. long, they eat exclusivly bloodworms right now. i want to start to vary their diet. i've read that every one seems to agree that feeders arent the best and and most poeple are pro fish fillets. how do i prepare the fillet, do i slice it into small peices, freeze the unused and thaw as needed. these are my first piranah nd i want to do things right.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
You do not have to prepare the fillets in no special way.
Just drop some pieces in, they will cut the bites they need to.
You can also feed them shrimps.

Harry

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got some catfish nuggets last night, they seemed to like it ok. how long should i leave uneaten food in the tank?

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
i got some catfish nuggets last night, they seemed to like it ok. how long should i leave uneaten food in the tank?
Most people say to remove it immediately, personally I will give my fish an hour or so to eat as one of them is a rather slow eater, it all disappears, just doesnt like to inhale it like most of my fish.

You just dont want to keep it in too long as it will throw off your water chemistry.

·
ooo barracuda
6,075 Posts
Most people say to remove it immediately, personally I will give my fish an hour or so to eat as one of them is a rather slow eater, it all disappears, just doesnt like to inhale it like most of my fish.

You just dont want to keep it in too long as it will throw off your water chemistry.

i will leave any uneaten food in my rhom tank alone for a couple hours and its almost always gone. But when it snot i just throw it in into my red's tank :laugh:

and dont make the mistake of forgetting. Ull get this nasty smell, and this white fuzzy slime.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
i feed my MAC at night so if i drop 5 chunks of something in and he only eat 2/3 i leave them in there until the next day....9.99 times out of 10 he eats the rest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts