Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two aquaclear 802 powerheads in my 72 gallon tank with my 2 caribes and 1 red belly(all fish are about 4-5 inches long). Ialso have 2 emperor 400's for filtration. Do you guys feel like that is too much current going in the tank?

· I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
Two 802 for a 75 gal seems too much, unless power is set to minimize (but then whats the purpose of having 2?). Whats the powerhead set up for? Water disruption/oxygen mix, filter, waterflow..??? I seriously think that a combination of 1 Emperor and 1 802, 2 Emperor, or even 2 Emperor with 1 802 minimized power would all work.

BTW: With all those filters producing too much oxygen mixture in the water, it can also produce problems with your fish down the line. (I forgot what it was called, but on the tip of my tounge).

· I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
DominatorRhom said:
wait a minute...i didnt know you could have too much oxygen in the water

from my limited knowledge of water i thought it could only hold so much oxygen. does anyone else know about this
[snapback]871261[/snapback]​
Let me find you the link... BRB

Here ya go.. Read DonH's Statement

· Registered
146 Posts
man, that's a first for me. i guess i learn something new every day. i know about blood saturation of nitrogen in divers but i had no idea that a fish can get a over saturation of oxygen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.