Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have read a lot of you putting powerheads in your tanks. I am about to get a new 90g and was wondering if you recommend getting a powerhead? If so, what brand and type as I am unexperienced with this equipment.

-xenon

·
Registered
159 Posts
I use one Marineland Peguin 1140 on both my 75 and my new 90. I like the adjustability of this model as well as the 300GPH out put.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Xenon,
I used an ac802 on my 75, puts out 400 gph and I want more. I now have the 802 on my 125 and am planning on upgrading to a 900 gph model. I will probably go with a rio brand, although I have never tried one, I have heard good things about them.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Quick question, I direct my ph's in the same path as the overflow on my biowheels. Should I have one running long ways across the tank? Do you guys submerse, or hang on the back of the tank?

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good question, anyone know...?

Does anyone know a good place i can buy a powerhead online for cheap?!!?

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
i dont hang them, i submerge, stick to the side so it points the length of the tank. Check out bigalsonline.com or drsfostersmith.com both have good prices on everything fish.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
as far as the thread started goes I would recomend getting a powerhead for your P's especially if they are RBP's this make them more active than if kept in still current waters...also this will make sure that exceess foods and waste are cycled in the tank untill picked up by filtration...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.