Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an aquaclear 802 powerhead that I keep on most of the day and turn off at night. I use the venturi valve too so that there is extra oxigenation in the water. I am wondering what exactly the purpose of the powerhead is ? Does it help P's get in shape and grow bigger ? Will the venturi valve help them grow bigger ? Because when the powerhead is on all they do is swim facing away from the current ( all day ). When I turn it off they swim around the tank.

thoughts ? thanks.

ps I dont have pay pal and I would like one of those stickers of P-fury for my car. What can I do for payment ? I can send a check in the mail ? let me know if possible thanks.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
I would think the 901 with a filter attachment would be good. If not planning to get one then it will probably blow your fish around. The 801 is strong enough. Now giving the fish a workout will help them build muscle. As for making them grow faster, I couldent rule it out. But it is a theorie.
With good food, and clean water is the best way to get your fish nice and plump. I have not seen any of my piranha swimming in the powerhead current. I also noticed if the powerhead is too strong they will all hang out where the current is not as strong or non existant.
Good placement will let your p's swim freely around the tank, and not huddle in one place.

·
Registered
65 Posts
my reds are lazy, when the power head is on they head for the most still spot and chill (can't say that I would be any different if I was a fish). It is still beneficial to run it a few hours a day though, because it adds oxygen to the water and stirrs up the shibby on the bottom so the filter can suck it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.