Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 3 p's dont even go near my powerhead its like 145 gph little low but all i coud get .. anyways do u guys have max bubbles? do u even have bubbles going? or wut can u post some pics of your fish swimming in your powerheads mines really short and hangs on top idunno they dont really swim near it..

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
I dont have bubbles comming from my power head. My fish seems to like that better. However, not all fish take to powerheads. Some like them some dont. Some like bubbles, some dont.

~Dj

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
My Ps dont like powerheads what so ever.. My Pygo shoal stays in one side of the tank when I turn it on. So i added a bubble wand. My rhom hates powerheads too, but chills right above the bubble wand

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Mine don't seem to care about the current as well...I simply use a wet dry and high gph output for water movement at the surface for oxygenization and thats all.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Johnpe123 said:
wuts the point of bubble walls and bubble wands? any reason besides the bubbles
Surface agetation from the bubbles breaking the surface.

~Dj

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just curious, but couldnt just your filter be used to top water aggetation ? I have an AC and it moved the water just fine. My P's actually love swimming in the current it makes when puttign water back in the tank.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Some use powerhead to create a current in thier tanks. They cite that many P's are collected from river systems where thier is a constand current. Therefore they try to recreate this enviroment in the home aquarium.

~Dj

·
Registered
356 Posts
ahh ok I gotcha ... but my fry P's love the water from my AC filter. They swim to the top of the tank and ride the splashing down to the bottom. I guess its their way of surfing .. LOL

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
7 of my 9 Caribas love to exercise with the powerhead, i have 2 PH in my Cariba tank (1 with bubbles, 1 without), by far they prefer the one without... is a good idea to recreate natural river current...since i have it they are more active, more hungry but less aggressive toward each other!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts