aswell as the underground filter i also put my sponge filter thing in there

so, how high for the power heads

ps

does this site sell stickers>>>?????
( would look cool on my new set up)

great forum

G

·
Hi there, the tank in question is not 60 gals if they are your measurments. Especially not for us brits. Your tank is 31 Imperial gallons and 38 US. I have a tank the exact same size, where some of my community fish currently reside. Probably soon to be home to my Sanchezi??

It all depends on what powerheads you have, what GPH. And what size fish really. Piranha like a strong flow with some dead spots or the powerhead on a timer. But babies won't cope well with the flow.

There is currently a free prize draw for stickers and after that they will be on sale at some point. I'm not sure if Mike ( xenon ) is willing to send them 'over the pond' to use guys though.

And you are correct this site is full of all the information you will ever need in keeping P's. It rocks

·
Registered
761 Posts
I would base that decision on your fish...

If the water flow from the powerhead seems to be too much for your fish, then bump it down a notch. If your fish seem content, then good deal, leave it as it is.

Just make sure that you have at least one dead spot in the tank so your fish can have a place to rest outside of the current.

·
Registered
494 Posts
it matters how many gallons per hour your powerhead is pumping...lets say its 400, thats most likely too much to keep on full in a 38 gallon tank. theres a powerhead gph calculator on this site. just put in your tank measurments and it will tell you how many gph your powerhead should be. if yours is way over what they say, then turn it down a bit, no big deal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts