Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just posting this for itstheiceman...he just picked up a power head, an aqua clear 20, should that be alright for his caribe and reds? its an 80g with a 120 lay-out but short top...what do you think

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
way way to small
for a 120g footprint i would go with 4-500gph
an ac 20 IS WHAT I HAVE IN MY 10G HOSPITAL TANK
sorry for the caps.....woops

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
definitely too small, go with an emperor 400 if he can get em.
LOL, they are talking about powerheads noob, not filters.

Not big enough. You probly can't even tell a differance in water movement with that little thing. get a couple of 300 gph powerheads, and that should do the trick.

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts
Id prob go with a ac70 for that tank personally. If your not getting a great deal online, make sure to go to petsmart and price match (save a bunch!!)

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i just went back to LFS with iceman, grabbed a ac 70 instead, and got the bottom filter attatchment...that should help out lots with water circ. since it pumps 400 gph, and this bottom filter should help out the 304 with the airborn stuff, hes looking forward to installing it after a tank clean tonight, he'll keep you updated

·
YOU SUCK AT LIFE
2,240 Posts
Go with a rio I have a rio 1700 on my 180 and it perfect and they should have them near you and they have em in all sizes to run a tank from 10 to 500+ gallon tanks Rio,Seio you should check them out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts