Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 1 - Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Best HOB Power Filters, EVER!
If I had the $$$, I'd have Four ac110/500's on my 135gallon! The current Two do GREAT right now!
Even the ACmini took care of my 30gallon with an overstock of cons a few months back!

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
I've had a couple. Work excellant for me. Moves alot of water

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have always used them in 12 yrs. of owning Pirahna and they have never failed.They are excellent filters.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
70's and 110's are great but anything smaller like the 50 or below suck imo
Not true. I have an ac30 (on a 10 gal sw with stricktly bio- eheim substrat pro) and it is doing a fantastic job and its super quiet.
I also have an ac that probably about 10 or so years old and its still running like its new with great water turn over.

·
I got a great view here sitting on my "HIGH H
11,747 Posts
In my opinion they are the best HOB filter and the best value for your dollar.

·
Banned
4,448 Posts
Good filter, but the only filters I have ever owned that lose siphon with a power outage even when the tank is full. Cost is great, but you get what you pay for. The cheap plastic cracks and breaks easily, the flow adjuster is annoying, and the media "tray" is really pointless for anything but the sponges. The price, sponges, and water turnover are what make this filter worth it though.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I love AC's. Easily the best HOB filter and I have had a few different brands. I like the ease/low cost of maintenance and the quietness. They move a lot of water, I think my AC 70 moves almost as much water as my PennPlax 300(which is supposed to handle up to 100 gallons, yeah right)
I do not like the brittle plastic as others have pointed out. You have to be gentle with them. Well worth the money IMO, I would not buy another brand of HOB filter.

·
Guinness eyes
7,136 Posts
I have never had any other HOB...I have never had any issues with "Cheap Plastic"???
the flow adjustment now that I think about it could be a little better.

·
Innes is da Man!
7,883 Posts
i have 2 110's, and they are great, and for the price.... cant go wrong, get an online print out for petsmart, and take it to he store

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
AC best power filters , i got ac50 and ac30 on 30 gall and they work perfectly, crystal clear water
only a+++++++++++++

·
Registered
293 Posts
Right now petsmart has them for $89.99 on the site. I bought mine from ebay a few months ago i think i paid just under $60 that was shipping included.

·
Registered
12,780 Posts
a lfs around mr has them for $50

·
Guinness eyes
7,136 Posts
They must be going out of business then!
Wow..cheap

21 - 40 of 61 Posts