Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i am pretty new to plants.
i saw at the store today that some plants have pots and some don't.

the plants that have the pots have a spongy thing around them and some soil inside of it.
when adding these types of plants into my tank do i have to leave it in the pot or should i take it out of the pot?
Thanks

·
Registered
622 Posts
Take them out of the pots and take as much of the rock wool off the root base as you can without destorying the roots of the plant. Rockwool only contains enough nutrients for roughly 6 months of growth (or so I've heard).

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Gumby said:
Take them out of the pots and take as much of the rock wool off the root base as you can without destorying the roots of the plant. Rockwool only contains enough nutrients for roughly 6 months of growth (or so I've heard).
[snapback]892461[/snapback]​
yes take them out but you sometimes do need to take them at first. i have put many potted plants in my tank and what i have done is take them out of the pot later in the week. A couple of times, the roots have drew out of the pot and freed themeslves. The sponge is good but it takes up room and somtimes makes water clody. so Mmy advise to drop the potted plant in and wait until the sponge either gets annoying or falls off. the problem i saw was the seperation, if you remove the roots and plant from the sponge intially you rish killing the plant for you remove the a lot of the roots..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts