Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
6,041 Posts
god...wut a bummer dude that f*cking sux...loosing jaguars and A PEACOCK BASS THAT BIG id kill myself...its cool u donated some fish tho...i dont get wut u mean about the water changes t ho how did i thappen..?

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a system that allows you to release water from the system, while adding tap water. You put dechlorinator in the system at some point, I didn't ask too many details, the lady that runs the place was almost in tears as she was telling me. That is why I offered the fish to her.

I did get two 25 lbs bags of black gravel out of the deal. But I gave her way more in fish than what she was selling them for. That is okay, anything to help them out. Family owned business, sad really.

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends. Not too long ago they posted a tenative going-out-of-business sign on their front doors. A lot of frequent visitors, but not customers, realized that they were spending all their money at the big, beautiful, PetCo that just came to town. So a lot of folks started dealing with this LFS again. They used to sell everything from Pacus to Chinchillas to Rabbits. Now they stick to reptiles, Fish, and a few mice/fuzzy critters. But they were on the comeback.

I really hope they don't go out of business. They have the best prices on just about everything feeder-wise. Incredibly nice folks.

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are a few LFS in my area, unforunately one has very strange hours and days. Like open two days a week for 12 hours each day. Bizarre and very hot inside. The other has burned my roommate twice, sold him fish that were just timebombs full of disease. Two days after each was bought, all his fish caught sicknesses and died.

This LFS that lost the fish was amazing. Great people, and Pete was the coolest, most interactive fish I have ever seen. Little kids loved to feed him. Sad to see him go.

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When Pete was at the store he was in a 125 gallon. Wayyy too small for him, but he was very old. Had been abused by the owners that had him before them so he couldn't swim well anymore. He was really just a living trophy, they had him in a huge tank, but he had been in a smaller tank so long he wouldn't swim around, he just chilled next to people walking around him. Beautiful fish. Too bad he was abused before they had him, he would have been a wonder in a 500+ gallon, able to swim freely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.