Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm a great fan of exotic (and even common) pleco's, I thought it would be a nice idea to start a thread to show off your pleco's...

I'll start off:

6" Sailfin Pleco:

3,5" Common Pleco:

2" Clown Pleco:

0,5" Common Bristlenose Pleco:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Damn I Wish I had a camera I have a HUGE pleco he is about 12-13" I have had him since I got my very first fish tank. He was just an inch then. He has made it through 5 different tanks. Awesome fish, even my Piranaha's won't fox with him.... Thats Nessie!

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
garybusey said:
Damn I Wish I had a camera I have a HUGE pleco he is about 12-13" I have had him since I got my very first fish tank. He was just an inch then. He has made it through 5 different tanks. Awesome fish, even my Piranaha's won't fox with him.... Thats Nessie!
Shoot, I really would like to see a picture of that monster!
How old is it, btw?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
He is about 1 year old but I feed him like a sombitch! PLus whenever the piranha's let food goo down he eats it or sucks on it whatever he does.... I am going to hook up a digital camera, and a web site so I'll be able to post pics soon. I really like him, he has adapted perfectly.. I also have pleco, that has lepord spots, he is only about 5" but what kind is that? He isn't sailfin or a regular one. An not a Royal either. What is he?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
garybusey said:
I also have pleco, that has lepord spots, he is only about 5" but what kind is that? He isn't sailfin or a regular one. An not a Royal either. What is he?
Post some pics, if you can manage to do so, and maybe we can id that lil' sucker...
In the meantime, check out the Cat-elog at www.planetcatfish.com: maybe you can id him there!

·
Registered
219 Posts
i think theres something wrong with my pleco. I put him in my tank 2 days ago, and he hasnt really moved since. I stuck my net in the tank to get him to move, but he stayed in the same spot. Is there something wrong with him? i got his ugly ass to clean the tank, not clean on spot on the glass!

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Glowin_Navi said:
i think theres something wrong with my pleco. I put him in my tank 2 days ago, and he hasnt really moved since. I stuck my net in the tank to get him to move, but he stayed in the same spot. Is there something wrong with him? i got his ugly ass to clean the tank, not clean on spot on the glass!
in my experience many plecos are fragile when first introduced to an aquarium, the only thing I can suggest is to do a water change and keep the water as good as possible for it

Oh and this is an amazing bristlenosed catfish
- the only puzzling thing is the pic URL is from fishgeeks

·
Registered
159 Posts
G. gibbiceps, 13.5", 'Tony BigFin'

L. pardalis, 13", 'Pizza'

L. pardalis albino version--"chocolate pleco", 6", 'Casper'

I have a couple more plecos, a bristlenose and clown pleco, I'll put up pics of them later.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
11'' sailfin

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.