Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering about pro's and con's about powerheads...i got 2 redbelly's (5 1/2 - 6 1/2") and 4 caribe 5 1/2" + in my tank, and i was thinking about a submersival powerhead...but just wondering if its really worth it...will they use it lots or what not...opinions needed PLEASE

Thanks

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
My little Rhomb uses the sh*t out of it and its a AC 70 the only thing I dont like is that all the food gets sucked up into it and clogs the motor.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My little Rhomb uses the sh*t out of it and its a AC 70 the only thing I dont like is that all the food gets sucked up into it and clogs the motor.
and that post helps me out big time....
.....i was more looking for pro's/con's about it, and if its worth it for my reds and caribe's

·
Registered
105 Posts
hey iceman.. my RBP's loved it.. they would all swim through the current together.. and even fight for position at times.. LOL! i think it is one of the best things you can by for your p's. it gives them some exercise, keeps the fish active, helps out with the filtration of your tank by pushing more water... many benefits.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Depends on the fish, some like it, some don't. If you want to install one, make sure you have some dead spots for them to take shelter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts