Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I might be getting a new tank, and I wanted everyones input on what I should get. (Right now I have a 55g in my room with 3 6in rbp's... and a 20g in my room with a wolffish.)

What I want to do is put a larger tank downstairs (Possibly 100g) and either A.) Move my reds into the bigger tank and add more, and put a rhom in the 55 g. OR,..... B) Put a larger rhom into the bigger tank and keep my 3 reds in the 55g.

What does everyone think? Thanks guys...

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
If you want a rhom, I would get a very large one for the 100+. I dont know the dimensions of a 100 gallon, but there are some 14-16" rhoms floating around that would be a nice acquisition.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I wouldnt feel comfortable putting a large rhom in a 55g. I do like pygo shoals and would put 6-7 pygos in your 100+g. If I would put a rhom in the 55g I wouldnt get a large one.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Xenon said:
I wouldnt feel comfortable putting a large rhom in a 55g. I do like pygo shoals and would put 6-7 pygos in your 100+g. If I would put a rhom in the 55g I wouldnt get a large one.
Yea, that is what I was saying. If you use the 100 for a pygo shoal, I would go with a spilo, geryi or elongatus in the 55.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok..... here it is. I got a 72 gallon bowfront. It's a great looking tank and it was a gift so i'm not getting a 100 gallon tank. my question is how many reds can I put into this 72 gallon tank?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
i say get one red, one carbibe, one tern, and maybe another pygo................... i like variety....... just a suggestion............

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I have a 72 bowfront and it is not a great tank for pygos. I use mine for geryi. If you want to use it for pygos, i would go with 4-5 depending on size, and when they get too big, sell one off.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
No more than 4-5 Reds!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
For your 75 gal, I say keep your 3 Rbs and add a different Pygo or 2, and put your Rhom in the 55.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.