Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
mmm, Couldn't do it. I'd get claustraphobic in there I'd bet. An unreal concept though. I have wanted to make such a resort. My uncle is an architect and he and I have tossed around feasability plans before. I hope it becomes a real deal, and I can conquer my fears and go.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
i see a flaw... like i mean i look at the rooms and they are cool but they are almost all glass and right next to each other .. no privacy i mean if celebrities go down their i would be like damn is that paris doing sex video II ... damn wheres my camera man!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I look at something like that and see law suits everywhere... So much liability would rest upon the shoulders of the resort...

Just imagine if that thing cracked...

It's an awesome concept, but I'm unsure if it's really doable right now...

Pac

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
ive seen a hotel underwater...its like a submarine kinda thing...but ive seen one...i also seen ice hotels sculptured and ppl stay in em

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
I don't think it'd crack. The resort won't be pressurized which means there's no chance in hell they could put it very deep or the whole thing would implode very quickly. And to be honest, the sea floor is a pretty uninteresting place except these guys had the forethought to build an artifical reef around the place, otherwise looking out and seeing nothing but sand an maybe 2 fish and a crab off in the distance would be boring as hell

I think it sounds like an amazing idea

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
Hahaha, from the FAQ

How safe is the resort?
The resort is built to rigid safety requirements with high levels of structural integrity, large safety factors and fully redundant fail-safe systems. Each room is completely isolated from the central hall and other rooms with a double pressure proof door system and independent emergency life support systems.
I wonder how many people reading this realize that the subtext to that quote is "because of the redundant double pressure proof doors, if your room should burst for whatever reason, only you will die as you are isolated from the rest of the resort and any chance of rescue"

haha, I love it!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
elTwitcho said:
Hahaha, from the FAQ

How safe is the resort?
The resort is built to rigid safety requirements with high levels of structural integrity, large safety factors and fully redundant fail-safe systems. Each room is completely isolated from the central hall and other rooms with a double pressure proof door system and independent emergency life support systems.
I wonder how many people reading this realize that the subtext to that quote is "because of the redundant double pressure proof doors, if your room should burst for whatever reason, only you will die as you are isolated from the rest of the resort and any chance of rescue"

haha, I love it!
[snapback]910891[/snapback]​
That was my biggest concern. If say it did carck, most of the room would lock up to keep water from spreading to different areas. What if it suddenly closes on you while you were asleep, taking a bath, bucking..etc Also off the coast of Florida, another main concern would be what damage would Hurricanes do to the sea floor while in full stregth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts