Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
^word
4,324 Posts
well i have been thinking of gitttin a 55 for a elong piranha, and that was a lil small fo em, plus i couldnt afford it(im 13).so i convinced my grandpa to build me a plywood aquarium for me for my b-day.its gunna be 55Lx14Hx18W(equals 60 gallons).will the size be efficient. is there any other tutorials u could refer me to for help(ive read the one at aquatic predators).

·
^word
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes it is gunna be made of ply wood, whatcha do is make a 5-sided box outta plywood and put acrylic on one side.u put a pond liner on the inside.the only bad part is that u have to put ur own time into it and u cant see thru the sides.but they are much cheaper than buying an ackuall tank

·
Registered
703 Posts
i think plywood tanks are really cool personally, thats why i'm building two. You can make them look any way you want and more than half the time, you view a fish from the front window and there is a background on the back, so you arent losing any viewing space. Personally, i think thats too small for an elong.

·
Registered
703 Posts
good width though. Have you visited www.garf.org? That will help you a ton. Also, I wouldnt use pond liner, i'd use fiberglass like the majority of guys on this board.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts