Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
tap or snap
11,911 Posts
the largest i've seen in person was about a 12" sailfin. but i've seen some members on here with some HUGE fancy plecos.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh and how many should i put in a 55 gallon tank to keep it clean and still have them get big

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
You could keep two in there, if you provide enough hiding places - pleco's are territorial, so if not enough hiding places are available, they might turn against each other (and trust me, pleco's can be vicious!)
But keep in mind that even a single Common pleco will outgrow a 55g tank, as they can grow up to at least 16-18".

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know
how long though will it take

i am planning on building a big tank to hold like minnows for fishing like outa a cow trough and i would put him in there if it outgrows the 55

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Hard to say: pleco's can grow very fast, but the ones I have and had preferred to take it easy. But in general, a 10"+ pleco has quite some years behind him already.
You'll notice when it gets too large: it won't outgrow his tank overnight.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sweet dude u got ne pice of that so i can judge the aquarium size vs the pleco??????????????

·
Registered
163 Posts
pleco's are territorial, so if not enough hiding places are available, they might turn against each other (and trust me, pleco's can be vicious!)
damn right lol... my pleco gets in fight's with my texas cichlid (who is not much smaller) and wins easily...
my pleco kicks ass, lol

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HyBrid said:
pleco's are territorial, so if not enough hiding places are available, they might turn against each other (and trust me, pleco's can be vicious!)
damn right lol... my pleco gets in fight's with my texas cichlid (who is not much smaller) and wins easily...
my pleco kicks ass, lol
[snapback]945604[/snapback]​
thats sweet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts