Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my 29gallon tank i have 2 plecos with my little rhom... one pleco fairly small but very active.. and one big pleco that doesnt move at all.. i have yet to see him move from the corner since i put him in there... i was wondering if anyone else had large plecos that do nothing or its just my lazy fishy

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
If you have a pleco over 8 inches or something big like that they tend to just sit around and do nothing all of the time. If you have smaller ones that hide all day it means they are being attacked by your P's most likely.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
ya, as they grow older they get lazier and also less efficient.
Do you find that your bioload is alot more since you had plecos?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
"Do you find that your bioload is alot more since you had plecos?"

I had some mad algae growth so I got two plecos for my 75 and the tank is full of sh*t but the algae is all gone. When my p makes quick movements all this sh*t from the bottom of the tank gets kicked up. I do two water changes per week and it is still like that! So yeah I am sure my bioload is higher than it was before I got the lil shitmonsters.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I gave away my 12"er because he was too active. My 8"er (currently housed with P. natts) just sits as close as possible to the top of the water in the rear corner of the tank....during the day. At night, the guy doesn't stop moving, he's all over the place eating algae.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts