Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm keeping my fingers crossed It's been one day since i added My pleco to my Baby piraya shoel. I hope the take to him. So far so good. I guess i shoulda started with a cheap one but the damb things are ugly. So i went with one that was black and has yellow spots. He was 40 bucks.
My last pygo tank whould not let any other species live with them. So I'm hoping to train them when there young.
Did most of you pleco owners get them when your p's were young?

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I hope my pygos do eat my pleco, that thing shits all over. The pygos have never even fin nipped any of the plecos I have had with them. The serra like to take bites out of them but never enough to really do any damage.

·
Registered
564 Posts
grosse gurke said:
I hope my pygos do eat my pleco, that thing shits all over.
They do defecate a good bit. I've got 2 small plecos in my 75 pygo tank. They ALWAYS hide. If I were one of them I'd hide too. Several times I thought that one of the little guys had been eaten but he showed up the next day.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I've had success with all the Plecos Ive had with my Ps. Actually just put an 8" Pleco a couple days ago and still standing!!!

·
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope this guy lasts. Poop i can handle. Little chunks of meat That i miss and don't get eaten by p's piss me off.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
as long as he has a place to crash during the day he should be fine my p;s always seem to trim the tails on my plecos and now my chinese algea but never seem to finish of the job but who knows one day

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
last time i posted somethign abuot my pleco it was something along the lines that my p's dont mess with them....... but since then they ate the damn things!!!! i shouldnt of said anything................. got some new cheap ones today, we will see what happens

·
Registered
256 Posts
i think it depends on the environment. if the piranhas have little room, they will not tolerate much. if they have more room the will be more forgiving. and starting to introduce them while they are young cant hurt at all

·
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet day two and going. They instantly mauled a lg goldfish about 3 times their size After i dropped him in. Head and all. The plec is chillin about 4 inches away from where the group like to stay.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
you put a $40 fish with your piraya?

you have either a large wallet or a small brain.

I would suggest you seperate them if it is still possible and experiment with a commen pleco first.

·
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Innes said:

I would suggest you seperate them if it is still possible and experiment with a commen pleco first.
I don't buy what i don't like. I whould not own a common plec just of the fact that they suck.
If i wanted cheap fish i'd own neons.

·
Registered
59 Posts
when i had just my 2 reds in a 75 (from the size of about dimes/quarter) i had 2 large pleco's in the tank - never a problem.

Now i have those reds plus had 2 piraya (1 just got its ass kicked) and 2 caribe (all between 6-9" now) in a 125 and have zero (nock on wood) issues - my pleco's are both around 10" or greater though now.

And i just added 3 new P's today to the tannk too!

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
sounds like a goldnugget, I wanted that one

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Raptor said:
Innes said:

I don't buy what i don't like. I whould not own a common plec just of the fact that they suck.
If i wanted cheap fish i'd own neons.
I think you missed my point - I was pointing out you could check how aggressive your pirayas are with a commen pleco - not swap for one, just to save you losing an expensive fish

·
5,310 Posts
I watched them fo a little while and they aren't interested im the pleco.
The gold was a diff story they instantly took it down. By the way wags sounds like a nice collection there.
No prob innes. Just hate the regular pleco's. And that one is probably the only one i whould tolorate.
My p's are spooked by him for some reason.

·
Registered
59 Posts
pcrose said:
sounds like a goldnugget, I wanted that one
i should note i only have common pleco's in w/ my P's - but in my other tank i have the following:

2 royal pleco's
2 zebra
1 queen aribesk (spelling)
1 rino
1 red tail
2 king tigers
1 gold nugget
1 mustard spot

(also had a clown but he died and i cant find my bushy nose)
Still want a vampire pleco too!!

·
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now the vampire pleco is dark and has feeler tenticles around it's head?
I think i seen one @ the pet shop.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.