Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had a 8-9" common pleco for like 2 or 3 weeks now with my black piranha. they seem to be fine together but today i noticed some fin nips on the pleco. if anything else happens to him im going to take him out but untill then hes staying. do these guys heal up pretty fast? and one more question how big will a common pleco get? thanks to anyone who can help

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've got 2 common's, one is 13"-14" in a 90g tall, and the other is 10"-11" in a 33g. The smaller one had a few nips on him, but recovered fully in a few weeks. If you want to keep it in the tank but are still worried, try making a cave or something that your pleco can retreat to.

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
Commons can get up to 20"...maybe more if you have a BIG tank.

warning: If your piranha wish to kill the pleco, they will do so. Members have lost plecos to their Ps before on this board.

·
Registered
494 Posts
i took him out because he wouldnt seem to leave him alone. the longest parts of his tail fin are completely gone. ill put him back in when he heals up with a place to hide...

*update*- hes healing up great already... i wish my piranha would heal so fast (has a bump on his chin). hes got like 1/8" of tissue growing back where his nips are, its clear... will it stay clear or will it eventually turn back into the color of his skin?

·
Registered
575 Posts
my uncle has pleco in a 30 gallon tnak all by itself, hes had it for about 10 eyars and its like 15 inches and still growing

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a 2.5"x12" ghost house for my pleco that resides with my P's. Also next to the ghost house, I have a shale rock leaning on it's side to give the pleco another 6+ inches.

The bump on your P's chin will come and go in time. The more he rubs against the glass the longer it will stay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts