Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Look into my eyes!
7,561 Posts
I just got a 2.5 inch commen pleco from a LFS. He only seems to want to travel on the glass and not the bottem at all. I have only had him a day, but I fiugred he would start munching on the chit on the bottem of the tank. I went on one plant for like 3 seconds then went back to the glass. Is this normal? Will he eventuallt move to the rocks? Also, do I need to feed him, and if I do what should I feed him.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I usually toss 1 algae wafer a week in any of my tanks with plecos. it seems like your pleco is just going to the easiet / most plentiful part of your tank with algae (the sides). give it some time, and eventually he'll be hanging off rocks, plants, filter intakes, and leaving huge strains of poop everywhere.

~Will.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
as said - nothing unusual here, and try feeding algea wafers

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Suspecting your Pleco is in a tank full of Ps.. they wont move about as much to try and keep unoticed. Usually they are more active during night time which they swim and more active.

·
Look into my eyes!
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will be putting a Spilo in their with him at the begining of November. I want to get this fish keeping thing down before I buy an expensive fish. He will be in a 30 long too.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
thats pretty much all pleco's do i dont have mine to clean the tank if i did i'd be waiting a long time i just clean it myself
dixon

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
plecos will also eat vegetables.

try some zucchini if u want to feed him.

although your pleco is very small right and doesnt need to be fed other foods. he can survive off of algae and driftwood in the tank. when they get bigger they tend to net eat as much algae and that is when u should feed them other foods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts