Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i have a tank setup with 10 danios and 5 tiger barbs for now, and theres a pleco in it... i feed them all flakes, and sinking pellets for the pleco... problem is, when i add the pellets the barbs and danios usually eat them very quickly, and i dont think the pleco is getting any food...i know hes constantly sucking on the glass and as much as i dont see any algae, there must be some there that hes eating, but i dont think hes getting any of the pellets that i throw in..

ive tried feeding the danios/barbs ALOT then adding the pellets but they still go after them, and the pleco doesnt seem to even know or care that the food is for him...(ps. i dont overfeed them cause i dont want them to die, but i feed the barbs/danios enough that i think they should be full)...

is there a better way to feed them to ensure that the pleco gets his portion, or is his glass sucking enough to have him grow? hes about 2 inches max right now...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lettuce eh, about how much do i need to put in? and what weights do you attach it to? it doesnt mess the water does it?

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
Doesn't mess the water up at all.

As for weights, ask at the local fish store, tell them what you want to use it for and they'll know what you're talking about. They're little weighted clips and they use them in their own pleco tanks usually (big Als does at any rate).

And it's just lettuce, I take a big ole chunk and remove it in the morning. There's always a good amount left, but sh*t the stuff is cheap enough that I don't mind throwing out alot of it that the fish don't eat.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
You can also try to feed your pleco after you turn off your aquarium lights. After I turn lights off for a few minutes, I put flake food and sinking pellets for my plecos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts