Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am glad to be a member here and I can see that the site is coming along nicely. I visited about 3 months ago and when I did that there were only the mice video's nice progress and good work !

My request is for a discussion Board for Cichlids ! please !

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I think we could do that. I am not sure how many people here own Cichlids but I dont see the problem with starting a Cichlids forum to see how it does.

Does anyone else in the community feel there is a need for this forum?

-Xenon

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I have some cichlids, but if there are not enough people to start a cichlid board how about a general fish board including everything from cichlids to tetras, from sharks to killifishes, from rays to ..... well you get the idea - all fish!

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
i too have other tropical fish and that would be a great idea.even if there not enough peep @the moment,were growing everyday and getting new memebers.

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
The All Other Fish forum has been created to judge the demand for threads regarding non-piranha discussion. feel free to talk about cichilds there.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think this forum needs to stay Piranha only. I would like to see this board live up to its name. If the site starts incorporating a bunch of other fish then it will be predatoryfish, aggressive fish, and aquatiq terrors all over again.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I am beginning to agree with you CHUD. SMTT and I decided that we would provide an "all other fish" forum just in case anyone wants to talk about things other than p's. We are definatly not trying to clone the other fish sites...Otherwise, the main forum is the piranha discussion. :rock:

We will not lose our piranha focus....if we start to, please slap me in the back of the head! :cool:

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
After thinking about this overnight, I agree with CHUD and "The King"

This site is for piranha-lovers, by piranha-lovers. :rockin:

Sorry, RDUDE, I deleted the forum.

-Xenon

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I think that you all have it wrong, in fact I think this site is more like predfish without the forum.
pred fish specilises in preditory fish particually piranhas! - not things like tetras or barbs.
everyone there (almost) has piranhas, and that is why they are there.
however by leaving it all piranha you ensure only experienced fish keepers will come here - after all who buys piranhas as their first fish?
and that will make it so there is no interesting questions and after a while we will all know about each others piranhas, there will be nothing left to say.
as for trying not to be like predfish you could add new stuff that they don't have instead of having only 1/2 of their board the same and ignoring the rest.
this site is like predfish but smaller is that what you were aiming for?

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
You know, im getting pretty sick of being compared to predatoryfish. If all you think is that this board is a mini version of pfish you might as well go back and post there cause you are obviously not the type of user we want here. I am not trying to distingiush or differentiate this board from predatoryfish, cause frankly, i dont care. I dont look at pfish for "what to do" and cetaintly dont for advice on the future direction of these forums. I just created a place where piranha enthusiasts could come and talk to each other and share their experiences. If you already think you have your fill of that over at predfish, feel free to just post there.

:veryangry: Xenon

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I'm sorry I might have sounded differant than I ment to.

Firstly I don't particularly like predfish!
secondly I didn't compare you in the first place - you stated that the reason you were not opening an all fish forum is because you didn't want to be the same as predfish - but anyone can see you are kinda the same and thats why I suggested to do things that they dont - like your videos (good idea) or an all fish forum!
If you don't want me here - which you hinted on, please say so and I will leave.

I don't agree with chud because if you guys are in control then you can make damn sure this site does not become those sites - which I will support you in doing....if you want me to.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I am not telling you to leave. You are welcome to stay here and become an active member of our community.

I am just sick and tired of half the threads on this board talking about similarities or differences or grudges or bad blood concerning pfish.net.

Pfish.net is doing what they have always done and we are gonna do what we are gonna do. We are building something here that is our own. If it ends up similar, great, if the sites end up different....great also....we are doing our own thing despite the similarities that may arise in content and I am not going to let the current postion and content of pfish determine the direction of this board.

get it?

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
then why won't you make the all fish forum?

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Because the feedback I have recieved from the members of this board is that they would like it to remain all piranha at least for now. I have posted a poll. Please express your opinions for this matter in that thread. thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.